FAQs / After approval

Who can act as a witness when I sign the loan documents?

All FAQs

There are different rules for different Australian states about who can act as a witness, which will be outlined in your home loan documents. The witness may need to meet certain criteria, depending on where you're located. This criteria could be:

  • a Justice of the Peace
  • a commissioner for declarations
  • an Australian lawyer
  • a notary public
  • a licensed conveyancer, or
  • another person approved by the Registrar of Titles.

However, in New South Wales and South Australia, the witness can be any adult who has known you for 12 months.