FAQs / Types of home loans & features

What is an owner occupied home loan?

All FAQs

Tic:Toc's live-in loans are what banks and other lenders call “owner occupied” loans - but we like to think you live in your home, not just “occupy” it. So we refer to our loans as live-in home loans instead.

What does owner occupied mean? An owner occupied home loan (or live-in home loan as we prefer to think of them), is a home loan you can get to purchase a property you want to live in. This is different to an investment home loan which is a loan you get for a property you are using as an investment, and aren’t living in. With that being said, you can easily change your investment loan into a live-in loan if your circumstances change (more on that below).